Friday, April 11, 2008

Flower how-to

I've had friends asking how I did the 3D flower in my Fun in the Sun layout. It's really simple.

1) Cut a circle from your pattern paper.


2) Make cuts into the circle, like a pizza, but not to the edges.



3) Curl back the 'petals'.



4) Lay this on top of a similar pattern on your paper.


5) You can leave this as it is, or what I did was cut the inside design from a similarly-designed circle in the pp, stuck 3D foam sticker on it and stuck that to the middle of my open petals.






Told you it was simple. :)

PS: Thanks to everyone who dropped by from Scrap Scene, Scrapbookstar, Splitcoast Stampers and Scrapping Spot to take a look. Your comments and compliments are really appreciated. Have fun scrapping everyone! :)

8 comments:

Edleen said...

it's simple and it's Gorgeous Susan! Thanks for sharing :)

and Congrats on making it to Laine's Creative Team! Yayy!

have a lovely weekend :)

Tinkerbell said...

You made it look so simple ! I can't wait to try ! THANKS for sharing !

Congrats on making to LP's Creative Team !

Michelle
aka Tinkerbell

Sue said...

Hi Ed and Michelle

Thanks so much for dropping by and for your lovely comments. :)

Susan

Sally said...

what a great idea, TFS

Jessica said...

you are brilliant!! seriously I totally love this!!

BishopsMommie said...

these are the cutest things ever, I am going to try this tonight!! thanks for the motivation.

Scrappermania said...

Gorgeous!

Atif said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.