Saturday, June 28, 2008

Garden Girl





This is my second layout for Laines this month. The challenge was to use the same set of pattern papers to create two different-looking layouts. I chose Luxe's new Capris collection.

To set off the contrast against my first layout, which featured recycled products and a more organic feel, I went with clean lines and paper piecing for this second layout. My first layout is in the post just before this one.





I used the same set of pattern papers, but this time created flowers using the Cilantro and Chives pp, which I then stickled and curled for a 3D effect. The leaves from the Basil pp which featured so prominently in the first layout are now used as fillers as are the flowers from Oregano. I also created my own die-cut and emboss butterflies, and used Technique Tuesday stamps for the flutter-by trails.

No comments: