Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Walk in the Park




This month, my project for Laines was to create two different layouts using the same pattern papers. I chose Luxe's new Capris collection.

For this first layout, I decided to go for an organic feel, using recycled products and lots of tearing and inking. Looking at the Basil pp, my first instinct was to create a tree and so I drew and cut out a tree trunk from recycled cardboard backing paper which I painted. Continuing with the recycled look, I got hold of some corrugated cardboard, which I tore and painted in shades of sky blue and green to complement the colours of the Luxe pp. To complete the look, I tore up strips of pattern paper and inked them to create a collage background to the layout. I also created my own little epoxy frame for the subtitle by cutting out and utee'ing a shape from the Chives pattern paper.

My second layout will be in my next post.

No comments: