Wednesday, August 20, 2008

If I Ruled The World


Woo-hoo! I made it through to the Final 12 contestants on the scrapbooking contest I mentioned in an earlier post.

For this challenge, our layout had to have at least one ric-rac, photo turn, chipboard, journalling and the journalling/title had to include the words "If I ruled the world."

This is my take. I decided to go a little silly with it. The photo was taken at Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum in London and those are the wax figurines of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip. To complement the photo, I went for a regal look on my layout with a black, white and red theme, accented with lace, pearls, glitter and bling. The journalling however is irreverent because I thought the photo was so touristy. :D


The journalling tag forms an integral part of the layout and is held in place by the photo turn.






I was a little nervous about making it through to this round because the entries were really incredible. Am so glad I did!

List of Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Making Memories 5th Avenue Elizabeth Berry, Making Memories 5th Avenue Sophia Floral, Glitz Glam Crowns, 7G Foof-a-la Jacobean Black
Cardstock: Bazill
Journalling Tag: 7G 97% complete real tags
Chipboards: Maya Road Chipboard Scroll Corner, Making Memories Jigsaw Chipboard
Flowers: Prima, Heidi Swapp, Petaloo
Crystal flourish: Prima
Ric-rac: May Arts
Photo Turn: 7G photo turn
Alphas: American Craft Thickers, Carolee AdornitOthers: Making Memories brad, We R Memory Keepers extra large eyelet, lace and string of pearls (unknown)

1 comment:

SmilynStef said...

Your creation is incredible ... so many fabulous details, great photo and wonderful way to include your journaling ... fab-u-lous!