Thursday, August 14, 2008

Say Hello to My Little Friend!



I got these cheery papers from Fancy Pants Designs and knew rightaway which photo I wanted to scrap them with. Then as I was browsing the net, I came upon the Scrap Mojo blog and found the perfect title for my layout: Say Hello to My Little Friend!



I cut out the flowers and butterfly from the patterned paper, added stickles and popped them up for dimension. Then to add more interest and texture to the layout and yet not clutter it up, I clear stamped and heat embossed the gorgeous flourishes from Fancy Pants' clear stamps. Next I wanted a bright and cheery alpha for my title and again, the Fancy Pants clear alpha stamps worked beautifully.


Another requirement of the challenge at Scrap Mojo was that we needed to use a book page on our layout. For this, I took a page from a children's storybook which I inked yellow and then stamped a little chick from a Pink Paislee clear stamp. Finally I cut the little chick out and stuck it next to my title and there was "the little friend." :)


Can anyone guess the book from which the page is from? It's a very popular children's book. ;)

List of Supplies:
Pattern Paper: Fancy Pants Sweet Spring collection - Lily, Shelby and Kaydee
Cardstock: Bazzil Java
Clear Stamps: Fancy Pants Pollen Dust and Chic Alpha; Pink Paislee Spring Fling
Chipboard: Fancy Pants Every Element chipboard
Inks: Ranger Distress Inks in Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo and Fired Brick; and Tsukineko Dew Drops
Glitter: Ranger stickles in Icicle and Diamond
Others: Versamark stamp pad and Rangers clear embossing powder

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

How gorgeous! Thanks for playing along!

-Lindsay (Mojo)

Michelle said...

Totally cute! Love your title work. Thanks for playing.
Sincerely,
Michelle
Scrap Mojo