Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Today





I did this for an ongoing contest at Treasured Scrapbooking. There were 54 entries for the eligibility round, of which 25 finalists were chosen. We were then given our first challenge as finalists. We were to create a layout with scallops, felt, and the journalling had to include "Today, I..."

I used Heather Bailey's pp on this; one of my current favourites. For the scallops I used bazill scalloped paper as well as my Martha Stewart lace punch around the borders of the pp and found scalloped lace in my stash to match. The felt borders are also from Heather Bailey.

Happy to say that I made it through to the second round with this layout. :)

2 comments:

CAKVD said...

This is beautiful!!! Good luck on the contest!
Cheryl

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... another jaw-dropping beautiful creation ... love how you layered the punched lace with the real lace ... this is wonderful!