Wednesday, August 6, 2008

True Friends


This layout was for a challenge at Made With Love, where we had to use fabric, sewing and incorporate handwritten journalling. I had lots of fun with this layout, pulling out my felt borders, lace trims and even crocheting a flower. :) I punched scallop borders into my patterned papers then found scalloped trims which matched the scalloped borders. Did lots of layering of paper, trims and even of the flower cluster, which incorporates cut-outs from the pp and Prima flowers and my DIY crocheted flower. Even the brads are made from fabric and velvet.



I hand-stitched a flourish on the right of the layout. I never stitch on my layouts because it's just too much trouble. But having done this one, I might be tempted to do it again because I quite like the texture and effect.



The title of the layout "True Friends" is from a Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus song. The chorus from the song is journalled and I find that the lyrics does strike a chord with young girls and their view of friendship.

The layout is inspired by a sketch at Creative Scrappers.

Just to add, this layout was a winner in the challenge. :) I hadn't planned on entering the challenge but did so to support Lia, who was the host of the challenge. So it was a real bonus when the layout won. :)

4 comments:

theysaywordscanbleed said...

that's a cute layout!

arlene,
Port Orchard florist

Mette said...

Ohhh it´s just wonderful! I love every piece of it! Fantastic. .)

http://mettka.blogg.se
This is where you find me! Not on the google blog...

queenb said...

you r amazing, a ture inspiration and what a piece or art, can i pay you to make me that very page? i am new to scrapbooking, using paper element from a friend and cannot get my hands on toria line andd u cant buy from them directly and cant locate in california...what do i do? also how can i get paper from made with love only in singapore? my hubby leaves for china on sunday...thnk its too far, any advice or location for paper element supplies would b greatly apprecaited
jnmpars@cox.net,,,love your work

beth said...

very pretty layout!
thanks for playing along.