Friday, August 29, 2008

When I was 3


I made it through to the top seven finalists in the scrapbooking contest at Treasured! This was the layout I did for the challenge. The challenge called for a number in the title, at least one paperclip, notebook paper, at least one staple, a photo or more, and handwritten journalling of at least 50 words.

I did this layout with my daughter in mind, so she would have an idea of what I did as a child growing up. Hence the title "When I was 3" and the subtitle "Did I ever tell you?"



The journalling is on notepaper tucked into a pocket on the layout.. The card slides out so you can read the journalling.


The title is made up of different fonts and the number 3 sits on a mini collage made up of flowers, chipboard and the subtitle.


To give an aged look, I distressed and inked all the pp. Fastenator staples were used on the corner of one of the pp for a shabby look. Because I was working with a child's photo, I didn't want too vintagy a look so went with the brighter but still shabby chic colours of pink, lime and brown of Basic Grey's new Eva collection.



List of Supplies:

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Eva's Noble, Courtier, Decadent, Affluent and French Lace. Collage Press Margot's Malta Spring, Cherry Blossom and Journalling Cards
Flowers: Prima
Staples: EK Success Fastenator
Binder Clip: Lil Davis
Crystals: Prima
Alphas: American Craft Thickers
Chipboard: American Crafts Thickers Darling Accents
Lace: Prima
Others: 7G 97% complete stickers and Ranger Stickles.






1 comment:

Sassy Sasha said...

yayyyyyyyy... CONGRATS boo hee hee .. girl at least someone I know or work with made it haha .. girl PLEASE spill how in the heck do you layer like that .. you see what I do .. I CAN BARELY do this Ima try one day in honor of you LOL .. love it sweets