Thursday, September 11, 2008

Treasured Hunt Finals



After 6 weeks of challenges and out of a field of about 60 talented scrappers, I won second place at the Treasured Hunt scrapbooking contest. :) This was probably one of the most fun scrap challenges I've participated in. The challenges prompted me to think out of my comfort zone and I must say I'm pretty happy and proud of my entries.

This layout was my entry for the Finals, which had just three of us competing for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. The challenge called for at least 3 ribbons, rub-ons, stitching and journalling based on the following:

Journaling will focus on "then and now". Pick one of the following statements as the basis of your journaling. It doesn't have to be word for word (although it can), but it should encompass the idea of one of the statements.
1. I was sure that someday I would ____________, but now I'd never think of doing that.
2. At one time, I felt very strongly about ______________. My feelings have changed because_________________.
3. Previously, what was most important to me was ______________. Now what is most important to me is____________________.
4. The strongest word to describe me as a child was ____________; the strongest word to describe me now is _______________.
5. When I was younger, I thought my parents were______________; now I know my parents are __________________.
6. I always thought happiness meant ________________; now my happiness comes from ______________.

I used Basic Grey's Ambrosia line on this layout. Did lots of cut-outs and incorporated lots of lace trims, stickles, bling and flowers.

And of course my must-have signature hidden journalling. :)


Handstitched a flourish and layered it with a Prima crystal swirl.

Love that Tim Holtz Journey stamp.

Lots of layering with flowers, cut-outs and my favourite embellishments of pearls, lace trims, crystals and butterflies.


List of Supplies:

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Ambrosia's Marmalade, Tangy, Winsome, Quince, Mandarin, Fresh Squeezed, Chutney & Ebony
Ribbons: Prima & Making Memories Vintage Trim
Rub-on: Basic Grey Sultry
Crystals: Prima
Stamp: Tim Holtz
Flowers: Prima & Petaloo
Brads: Karen Foster
Photo Turn: 7G
Others: Ranger stickles, Ranger Embossing Powder, Ranger Distress Ink
String of Pearls: unknown

tfl!

4 comments:

Heidi Van Laar said...

I noticed your card on 2S4U and decided to check out the rest of your blog. I must say, your work is spectacular! Amazing, amazing stuff.

Fiona Y said...

wow this is beautiful!

Marie Levite said...

Awesome job. Your page is beautiful!!

edleen maryam said...

Congrats Susan! Beautiful layout and love the hidden journalling :)

have a great week ahead!