Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Paper Element - The Tower, You Are & Sweet Ballerinas

Here are some more DT layouts I did for The Paper Element using their Sweet and Heart Grown collections.

The Tower



This photo is of one of the buildings at The Tower of London. I wanted to try a simple grid format with this layout, something I hardly ever do. As I'm looking at the layout I'm thinking this could be a primary school math question: How many squares are there in this diagram? muahahaha!

Papers used are from The Paper Element's Heart Grown collection, Forever, Finally, Baby Boy and Journey. Stamps are from Purple Onion Designs and Melissa Francis. The grungeboard crown's from Tim Holtz.



You Are...



This layout features the Sweet collection. The Paper Element has fun matching cardstock stickers with every one of their collections. This one featured words such as Special. Cute, Adorable, Wonderful. I decided I would make something my daughter could put up in her room as an inspiration piece. I altered a Maya Road chipboard butterfly and covered it with the cardstock stickers and added the words "You Are..." I hand drew the flourish following the butterfly for a little bit of whimsy and added in lots of glitter and bling. And for a last bit of inspiration included a quote from Henry David Thoreau.


Sweet Ballerinas


This layout features more of the pretty pinks of the Sweet collection. Papers used are Queen Anne Cherries, Liquorice, Gumdrops.

1 comment:

Erica Hettwer said...

Lovely layouts! :D Love all the pink!