Tuesday, March 3, 2009

U & My i-Phone


I love this super-chunky layout I did using recycled corrugated cardboard, packing string, strange cut-outs and Purple Onion Designs stamps. I used K&Co's sweet Cut & Paste papers on this layout but decided against a sweetie-pie look and went for a slightly grungy one with raw elements like the corrugated cardboard and string.


I really had fun with this layout, mixing Hamblys and ribbons and cutting out elements from the patterned paper and sticking them elsewhere simply because I figured I didn't like where they were to begin with. See the arrow in the circle and the matching circle next to it? That's where it was. I didn't want the corrugated cardboard to cover the arrow so I cut it out.


The title alphas blocks "U" and "MY" were cut out from matching patterned paper. I love the great dimension corrugated cardboard gives any layout. So much fun just ripping the cardboard and painting and inking it. :)


I used four Purple Onion stamps on this layout:- Caution Label Set, Warning - May Be Habit Forming and Arrow Journal Spot. Fun stamps. :)



3 comments:

Edleen said...

oh...lots of lovely colours and what a fab LO Sue!

have a great week :)

Pearl said...

Very nice colours in this layout ! great dimensional work !

In with the new ! out with the old ! lol new primas , new possibilities that we didnt have before to create with! woot !

Edleen said...

Sue...are you going to the crop? if only i could go to One of the class because whole day away from kids... not possible at the moment! :D