Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More cards...

I made a couple more cards using My Scrapbook Nook's April kit for the ongoing April card inspiration at the Nook.

Here's one I created using residual pieces of scrap from my earlier layouts and projects. The rectangle frame was a leftover from my wall decor project "Imagination" and that cut-out flower was one I'd cut out but didn't use for one of my layouts.


I punched out a couple of butterflies, tied on a bow, glued on a button, doodled a running stitch around the border and that was it. A quick card.


Here's another card:

This time I used the packaging from the Prima flower that came with the kit. It was just too pretty to discard, especially that lovely die cut edge. I layered on a Maya Road calendar sheer, added a matching satin bow, found a matching bluish teal lace and attached that to the Prima flower using a Pink Paislee brad. Another quick and easy card. To complete the card I'll probably be adding a sentiment to the Maya Road sheer, once I decide who I'll be giving the card to and the occasion.

For more card inspiration, visit My Scrapbook Nook's forum.

4 comments:

jazsutra said...

awww NEAT!!! love your cards sue.saw you at inspireMe chat 4awhile ydy...hehe...
Have a blessed long weekend ;)-jaz

Julie said...

these are sweet i love the prima packaging. I have keep mine too.

Tessa said...

Wow! I love your cards.

playfulmeowz said...

I am not one who scrap cards coz I am stumped for ideas. A BIG Thanks for the lovely inspiration!