Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cosmo Cricket!


I just completed this whimsical-styled Cosmo Cricket layout this morning. I had the idea brewing in my head for a couple of days but was so busy I didn't have the time to get down to scrap it. I was looking at my Early Bird papers from My Scrapbook Nook's June kit and it dawned on me that the leaves from Brunch pp would make great leaves on a hand-drawn tree. And there were the perfect papers from Apron Strings and Ribbon Sandwich to form the rolling fields. And of course I had the perfect photo to complete this whimsical-styled layout. :)

The rolling fields are layered one over another with foam dots to create more dimension. Selected leaves & flowers on the tree are popped up as well so the look isn't all uniform. And of course, the silhouette photo is outlined with black backing and then made 3-dimensional to complete the look.

The most time-consuming part of this layout was cutting out all the little leaves and tiny flowers on stems that dot the fields. But I'm glad I did because it adds that little extra.





And of course I couldn't resist adding this little early bird to one of the branches.



I've been really fortunate to work on a couple of Cosmo Cricket collections in the past few months through My Scrapbook Nook. And what I've been struck by is how varied the collections are. Early Bird is so bright and cheerful, it lends itself perfectly to whimsical layouts like the one above. Then you have Ever After, that beautiful, dreamy romantic collection which is perfect for chic romantic layouts. I've fallen in love with Cosmo Cricket and I don't think I could ever tire of their collections.

Well, Cosmo Cricket's having a design team call so I'm giving it a shot as I love their collections. Here are some layouts and other projects I've created using Cosmo Cricket:

Sweet Biscuit
This layout was voted Top Ten at Two Peas the week I posted it. It was also Top Ten by views.








Best Friends




Cool Rider




Home Sweet Home Hanging Decor





Rise and Shine
(the other side of the Home Sweet Home)



Lil' Butterflies Card





The Story of Us (using Ever After)
- lots of intricate cutwork here.








You & Me
- lots of intricate cutwork and a homemade flower using diecut patterned paper interspersed with Prima petals.







Flower Girl






Butterfly Card



Imagine (using Fleuriste)




Fleuriste Thank You Card





And that's my Cosmo Cricket gallery. Thanks for looking. :)



4 comments:

Carol said...

Good Luck I hope you will be selected. Your layout are so pretty. Good colour combination and great work at the cutting!

~Sasha Farina~ said...

good luck Sue :)

Stacey Michaud said...

Best of luck! All of these are so beautiful!

sharon Ong said...

good luck Susan! Like the rolling hills by the way!