Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Sweet Life


A father-daughter themed layout using Collage Press' Sweet Shoppe collection. When I first saw this collection on the Collage Press website, I thought the design and colours would be too sweet for my taste. But I was in for a surprise when I saw the papers in real life. The collection's really lovely with a soft distressed feel to it. Not too tweet at all.

I used Yum's floral print as the background and to draw attention to the photo, I used the contrasting brown Root Beer scalloped paper.

To add texture, the edges of the papers are inked and distressed. The title work is on Chocoholic pp which I handcut the design out of, then matted on the reverse side. The layout is embellished with the pretty new cherry blossom branches from Prima, other Prima flowers and Prima crystal swirls.





To balance off the layout, which is heavy on the bottom left, I placed my journalling cluster on the top right.





Materials used:
Collage Press Sweet Shoppe: Chocoholic, Fruity Twists, Naturally Sweet, Yum.
Collage Press Sweet Shoppe Root Beer Scallop
Collage Press Sweet Shoppe Collage Cuts Journalling Tags
Collage Press Sweet Shoppe Alphabet Cardstock Stickers
Prima Marketing Cherry Blossom Branches
Prima Marketing Essentials 3 Caliope & Coquet
Prima Marketing Say It In Crystals Swirls
Making Memories Lace Trim

4 comments:

Jill said...

This is gorgeous! Not only do I love your use of the CP products, but I'm swooning over those new Prima cherry blossoms. I've been coveting them lately. Lovely layout -- thanks for joining in the challenge.

Julie said...

Oh this look fabbo. Love it.

Zarah said...

Stunning!

Renee Dowling said...

WOW, WOW, WOW - just stunning!
Reneexx