Thursday, July 2, 2009

Graphic 45 July Challenge


Every month Graphic 45 hosts challenges for their fans. This month, I have the honour of hosting the July Challenge and here it is: Mix & Match & White

I fell in love with Graphic 45 from the moment they debuted at CHA 2008 and being on their design team is a dream come true. Their designs and colours are so distinctive you can recognize their patterned papers immediately. And it is this distinctiveness which makes it so easy to mix and match the papers across all the different collections.

In my 'Paris' layout above, I used 5 papers from three different collections, both old and new:

Fashionista's Vintage Cherries;
Transatlantique's Paris Post, Globe Trotter & Around The Globe; and
Botanicabella's Dragonfly Duet.


Here are some close-ups:






I've also created the layout with a fair bit of 'white space', meaning I left a large portion of the background paper clean or uncovered. This helps to draw attention to the focal point of the layout, which is the photo. The Dragonfly Duet paper was also too pretty to be covered up. :)

So my challenge to you this month is:
Create a layout using Graphic 45 papers from at least 3 collections. AND make sure the layout has white space.

All challenge entries must be uploaded to our ning site by 31 July (http://graphic45.ning.com/). Please also post your entries or your photo on this thread in our forum so we know you've entered: http://graphic45.ning.com/forum/topics/july-challenge-mix-match-1

Your Prize: The winning entry gets a pack of Graphic 45 papers!

So get your creative juices flowing and get those entries in! Good luck!



2 comments:

Ruth said...

I'd love to give this challenge a go...not quite sure if I have 3 collections..but I'm off to look at my stash!

Stacey Michaud said...

Love this LO soo much!

Awesome work!