Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm in the Spotlight at GCD Studios!






I'm featured at GCD Studios! Here's the link to the GCD page: GCD Studios Spotlight

And here's my featured layout, An Evening in Paris:



I can't resist patterned papers with images of Paris in them and the Paris Nights collection from GCD just caught my eye immediately. I love the classic black and white look and the collage of Parisian images. I wanted to keep this layout relatively clean to allow the collage from d'Orsay to shine through. As the papers were in varying shades of black, grey and white, I chose a coloured photo of my daughter and me in Paris and complemented the photo with a similarly-hued bloom from Prima.




One of the beauties of GCD papers is that they look so beautiful cut out. Here I cut out the flocked swirls from Louvre and layered them one over another to create more depth and texture.




For the title work, I again cut out designs from flocked paper, Chapelle and Louvre, popped them up with 3D foam dots and layered the title "An Evening in Paris" over them.


Here's another something I did using GCD papers that was picked up. It's a Fathers Day Card that won a contest over at GCD Studios in June:



I handcut the designs from the GCD Studios patterned paper and added in splashes of crimson and lime for extra pop. :)

1 comment:

Rach H said...

Beautiful layout with gorgeous papers!! Congrats on being featured!