Thursday, August 20, 2009

Joy



Every week, Graphic 45 puts up sketches to inspire our readers and the DT gets a go at it too. This week I got to create with this great sketch:



I like this photo of my daughter at the stables, taken in the early evening. I decided to play with some of the papers from the very first Graphic 45 collection, the ones with a botanical-nature feel to match the photo.

I adopted the circle element of the sketch and changed it up into a scalloped circle, then layered another circle on top of it to give it more interest. All the edges were inked and distressed.

For the title, I stamped a beautiful ornate frame from Purple Onion Designs on a patterned paper matching my photo matt. I placed my title on it and adhered the title work to the layout with 3D foam dots so it would stand out. I also shifted the title to flush with the edge of the layout because I felt it balanced off the circle element better.



My interpretation of sketches never turn out looking like the original sketch and this one was no exception. Instead of the corner flourishes in the sketch, I replaced them with more pronounced torn edges off the corners as that complemented the mood of my layout better.

Finally I finished off with some beautiful lace from Prima and some hot new CHA summer Prima flower releases. I'll be adding some journalling to the layout later. Or rather, I'm getting my dd to add the journalling later. :) To see more of the sketch and layout, visit the Graphic 45 blog.








Supplies:
Patterned Paper - Graphic 45 Botanicabella, Times Nouveau & Playtimes Past
Stamp - Purple Onion Designs Flea Market Set
Flowers - Prima Camelot Roses, Wilwood Collection & Festive White
Lace - Prima Marketing
Alphas - American Craft Thickers Hat Box

No comments: