Sunday, August 30, 2009

Those Were The Days



I finally got my hands on the new Graphic 45 CHA Summer papers. :) Love them! These ones are from the Renaissance Faire collection. I scrapped an old photo of my school days. The original photograph is that faded vintagey shade. Hhhmmm.... either the original print was of an inferior quality or I'm really that old. :D


The chipboard butterfly from Tattered Angels was originally pristine white. I glimmer misted and stickled it to get the shade I wanted. I also distressed and inked the fabric alphas from Thickers. Very smudgy inky fingers after.

I complemented the chipboard butterfly with some handcut butterflies from Graphic 45's debut Ode to Butterfly papers. Can never get tired of those. And dug into my stash of old and new Prima blossoms.



I cut a couple of border strips, inking and distressing them. Also popped up the photo with 3D foam dots for more dimension.


While making this layout, I was thinking the papers have a bit of a Peranakan feel to them. Is it just me?




3 comments:

Oliwiaen said...

I love the vintage feel of this LO!
Every detail fits perfectly.

sharon Ong said...

love what you did with the butterfly!

BabyBokChoy said...

Woohoo, so glad you finally received your papers!!! Fantastic layout of course! Love everything about it, it's so awesomely complex!