Monday, September 28, 2009

Club Med Mini Album


Here's a quick mini album I whipped up yesterday using more of My Scrapbook Nook's lovely September Kit. I normally take a long time to complete a mini, and never in a day, so I'm quite pleased with myself.

The mini album's of our recent holiday to Club Med during the September holidays. The girls loved it, being away from the stress of studying for their PSLE, a major national exam for 12 year olds in Singapore. No books, no revision, no cramming. Just a few days of pure fun with good friends. We went with like-minded friends who believe that having fun and relaxing are important in the run-up to a major exam. The break's given the girls time to recharge their batteries and hopefully, they'll all perform well in the exams.



Back to the album. I played with crackled paint on the Maya Road chipboard album. Love that slightly vintage look created by the uneven ink and crackle effect.





The postage chipboard album is quite small, so I went with a simple design, allowing the photos to take centre stage. I kept to the same template for the pages so the album would look cohesive, It also made it easy to complete the album within a day. I'm probably going to add more elements to the back of the front cover. It looks a little bare now.




Each page had a photo matt, a flower, leaves and a crystal swirl. On the left of the album, I've created journalling pages using the journalling tags from Pink Paislee's Amber Road papers. My daughter will journal her thoughts in them later.



A very tedious part of the album was cutting out the little notches on the patterned paper to fit over the chipboard pages, then sanding them down, inking them...




For the back of each page, I went with the ink and crackled paint effect. I like the streaky effect it created, especially obvious on the green pages.




A view of all the back pages.




I'll be adding more pages to the album. Lots more photos of the myriad of activities the girls enjoyed. :)



List of materials used:
Chipboard Album - Maya Road
Patterned Paper - Pink Paislee Amber Road collection
Alphas - Pink Paislee & Making Memories
Flowers & Leaves - Prima Marketing
Crystal swirls & centres - Prima Marketing
Inks & Crackled Paint - Rangers
Ribbons & Tulle - Making Memories & own stash


No comments: