Friday, September 4, 2009

So Proud Of You


I'm having fun diving into my Graphic 45 papers. This one's created using the new Domestic Goddess papers. To change things up a bit, I created my own patterned paper using My Tattered Angels' Glimmer Screen and Glimmer Mists. I misted Jazz Blue and Olive Vine on cream cardstock, over a butterfly screen. I also stamped two Purple Onion butterfly stamps with clear versamark, then heat embossed it, so that the image of the butterflies would peek through. Unfortunately the photograph doesn't pick up this effect very well.



I really like these butterfly framed fonts from My Tattered Angels. The embossed designs on them are really intricate. The original chips come with monograms but I like to remove the alphas and use the frames for my titles. In this layout, I wanted to keep the original cream shade of the chipboard, so I just added some Rangers Stickles to highlight the embossed designs.




How many butterflies can you spot in this layout? There are six in all. One stencil, one chipboard, two stamped, and two on the Prima Flutter Vines. I got these Flutter Vines just yesterday. Fun!




I had a great time ripping the patterned papers to create this layout. Actually, if you look carefully at the backing Graphic 45 paper, you'll see several rips and tears in the paper. Erm... I didn't set out to do that on purpose. It just kind of tore while I was happily distressing the paper. Works for me! :)



List of materials used:

Patterned Paper: Graphic 45's Domestic Goddess (My Pretty Garden & Yours Truly)
Flowers & Leaves: Prima Marketing (Flutter Vines Pacific Blue, Trellis Roses Fontaine, Caboodles, Festive White & Heirloom Paper Leaves Willow)
Lace: Prima Marketing
Mists: My Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in Jazz Blue & Olive Vine
Chipboard: My Tattered Angels Framed Fonts
Stencil: My Tattered Angels Glimmer Screen
Cardstock: Bazzil in French Vanilla

2 comments:

LG said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!
Love this layout so much especially the misting part

Ruth said...

Oh my Sue this is stunning......no wonder you dived in to use those flutter vines they are beautiful!! Such a lovely colour...perfect with the misting!