Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Altered Cheeseboard




I was looking at The Domestic Goddess papers from Graphic 45 and felt inspired to create a food-related altered object. I knew I had a cheeseboard lying around and this was what I came up with.

I cut out the labels from the patterned paper, then layered them over a doily I found in my kitchen cabinet. But first, I lightly misted the doily with My Tattered Angels' glimmer mist in Vanilla Breeze, a lovely light brown shade.

I knew from the start the quote I wanted to use on the cheeseboard; one that I've always found amusing: Life Is Short. Eat Dessert First. :D



I made a simple paper flower from the patterned paper by cutting out the yellow petals from the Graphic 45 patterned paper, layered one over another, curled the edges and completed the blossom with a button.




The patterned papers, homespun Prima flower, buttons and blue ribbon are all from My Scrapbook Nook's gorgeous October kit.




2 comments:

queen-of-nostalgia said...

I.
LOVE.
THIS.

Fabulous! What a beautiful and fun display :)

Cheers!
Kristen

G said...

sue.. this is really gorgeous!