Monday, October 26, 2009

BFF - A Prima Layout


Here's the third layout I created for Prima during my stint as guest designer recently. It's a relatively simple layout. I went for a clean look because I really like the Delighted patterned paper from Prima's Indeed collection with its pretty lilac butterflies and wanted it to show through. So I used just two patterned papers on this layout. The background one, and a scalloped circle border I handcut from the Enchanted papers.

I selected a large homespun elegance flower in purple to be a focus accent and added a couple of smaller caboodles in complementary shades of violet and green. I popped up the photo using dimensional foam dots, and gathered a length of lime Prima lace, scrunched it and tucked it just under the bottom of the photo. Prima Say It In Pearls swirls and a sprinkling of the new e pearls in mint and blush complete the layout.


But wait, there's a hidden tag for secret journalling on this layout. I created a tag out of the packaging for the flutter vine by cutting it in half. It's always fun to recycle packaging, especially ones that are as pretty as this. I then attached some caboodles to it and tucked it behind the photo. The tag is held in place by the flowers which act as a clip. No one would know it's there, unless you know which flowers to pull on.

Here's the cluster of flowers with the tag disguised as part of the floral cluster:


And here's the tag. I've left it blank here so my daughter can journal on it later.


It's amazing what a few well-placed Prima flowers and lace can do for a simple layout. :)

No comments: