Friday, October 16, 2009

"Splash!" - A Prima layout



This is the first layout I created for my guest designer feature at Prima Marketing. I had this new photo of the girls by the pool and knew the Tropics papers would be perfect for it.

I wanted to maximise the tropical feel of the photo and the paper, so I created a frame for the photo that resembled a splash of water. I used the blues and greens in the paper to give the impression of an ocean wave curling over, leaving the torn edges white to mimic the frothy sea foam.


I found the perfect flowers to go with the layout. A Painted Ladies Nob Hill in the same teal shade as the patterned paper, some Gallery and Trellis roses, and one of my favourites - a flutter vine in white which I curved around the waves.



The title, Splash, was created using Prima's new alphabets. Again, don't you love that the blue alpha coordinates perfectly with the Tropics patterned paper and flowers? I adhered the title onto a piece of clear transparency, then floated it above the Gallery and Trellis roses in keeping with the water theme. Water, float - get it? ;)


A huge thank you once again to Prima for the opportunity!


List of Prima products I used:

Patterned Paper - Tropics Mango Cherries (840969) and Waterfall (840938)
Flowers - Painted Ladies Nob Hill (532727), Gallery Roses (533304), Trellis Roses Fontaine (533175) & Flutter Vines (533717).
Leaves - Heirloom Paper Leaves Ice Blue (532239)
Alphas - Flocked Alphabets (531133)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Stunning. I seen this on the Prima blog. Congrats on the GDT spot.

Jessica said...

that layout is so amazing! love that ripping...really fabulous!