Monday, October 5, 2009

Sunflowers & Ice Lollies



I'm back to making a vintagey layout using Graphic 45's Domestic Goddess papers that came in this month's My Scrapbook Nook's October kit. I'm scrapping an old photo. That's me in my kindergarten uniform, eating an ice lolly (was it called Rocket or something?) after kindy class, I presume. Those were some tall sunflowers, weren't they?


I peeled back two layers of patterned paper to form a frame for my layout, inking and distressing the peeled layers. I then created a shadowbox effect by mounting the frame on dimensional foam dots.



Here you can see the peeled back layers and the additional layer of black lace and a Prima flower for good measure.



I handwrote the title on the Jenni Bowlin journal notepad that came with the kit, in keeping with a raw aged feel.



I was on an aged roll, so I crackle painted the cut out stamp image from the patterned paper. Don't you love the crackle effect?



You can see the layers of patterned paper and black lace here again, along with that beautiful bird from Making Memories Vintage Findings, which also came in the October kit.



All materials used are from My Scrapbook Nook's October kit, except for the red Prima flowers which I added to give splashes of crimson to the layout. This month's kit is really gorgeous - Graphic 45, Prima, Making Memories and Jenni Bowlin. All my absolute favourites in one kit. Check it out here: October Kit




2 comments:

sharon Ong said...

hey, I really like the peeled out frame look! Nice!

piradee talvanna said...

wow... love the effect and the feel of this... have got to try the peeled out effect, not sure how to start thou... thanks for sharing & the inspiration!!!