Saturday, November 28, 2009

Butterfly Duet Card


Here's a card I made using some scraps from the pretty November kit from My Scrapbook Nook. I'm such a hoarder I never throw any pieces of patterned paper away, especially those as lovely as these ones from Lily Bee Designs.

I like using leftover sheets of patterned paper to make cards. So for this one, I cut up my little scraps into 4 inch and 6 inch strips and layed them along the length and breadth of the 4x6 inch card. And then because I've been dying to play with my new Martha Stewart butterfly border punch, I punched a row of green butterflies, flipping up some of the wings to create dimension. And to complement the butterfly theme, I added a couple of dancing butterflies, using strings of pearls for their bodies. A little doily from my kitchen drawer and some dots of pearl dabber completed the card.

Don't you just love using leftover scraps to make a pretty thing? And a useful one at that? :)

No comments: