Friday, November 20, 2009

Christmas Decor


Here's a hanging Christmas decor I created for the Graphic 45 & My Tattered Angels blog relay. I altered a little twig wreath I got from the dollar shop to create this cheerful hanging Christmas decor, using papers from the Christmas Past collection - The Holly and the Ivy, Ode to Joy and Deck The Halls, and lots of glimmer mist.

For this project, I wanted to try glimmer mist on different materials, not just paper. I started off by misting the twig wreath with Iridescent Gold. That gave just the right amount of subtle gold shimmer on the twigs without taking away its natural woody feel. Next up, I misted the corrugated cardboard with a happy chocolatey mix of Latte, Suede and Vanilla Breeze. And since I’d already misted on wood and paper, why not some lace? Now this was fun. The pristine white lace soon turned a lovely vintagey warm red with my liberal squirts of Burnt Red and Red Velvet.



I fell in love with the butterfly clear stamp from Tattered Angels’ Screen Prints the moment I layed my eyes on it. Here, I stamped it on some Graphic 45 Deck the Halls paper with a clear embossing ink, then heat embossed it using some Christmassy-red embossing powder. I love the texture embossing gives to stamped images.

Don't you just love the little cherubs from the Ode to Joy patterned paper? I cut them out, then added a little stickle to their feathers to give them a little touch of glitter.


I layered the butterfly, corrugated cardboard and lace together with the gorgeous Graphic 45 patterned papers and cute little cherubs, added in some Prima poinsettia and a Glimmer Chip and my Christmas decor was done.

For more Graphic 45 and My Tattered Angels inspiration, be sure to visit the respective blogs as the Graphic 45 and Tattered Angels blog relay goes on all through November. :)

No comments: