Sunday, November 15, 2009

These are the days



Here's another layout I created using the Audrey collection from My Scrapbook Nook's November kit. It's for the virtual crop that's going on right now at the Nook. We've got more than 20 challenges up already and the ladies are having a blast. Up for grabs is a January guest designer spot! How's that for a great prize? Hop on over to the Nook if you haven't already. The challenges aren't due until Sunday, 15 Nov 11.59pm PST so you've still got plenty of time to join in. :)

Back to my challenge. With border punches being all the rage now, my challenge is to create a layout using creative borders. On this layout, I used a few of my favourite Martha Stewart border punches, punched out a few long strips, and curled them up for some dimension. I kept the border strips long at 12 inches to match the title strip, which is from a coordinated Audrey rub-on. Here's a close-up of the punched borders:



I added some stickles to the lily bee tulle flower because I liked the effect of it catching the glint of sun rays.


I cut out the little bird from the lily bee patterned paper, stickled it and placed it atop a velvet leaf to form a mini journalling cluster:




And while we're still playing with our November kits, the Nook's December kit is winging its way to us right now. Look at this sneak:

Making Memories papers, embellishements, Prima newsprint flowers & alphas, gorgeous coordinated ribbons, buttons... Oh my!

No comments: