Friday, December 4, 2009

A Decorative Photo Chip Tile

I was playing with the Tattered Angels Glimmer Kit and decided I wanted to try something more than just making albums with the chip tiles. So I created this hanging decorative photo chip tile.



I wanted to try a different method of misting the chip tile, so I experimented with a wax resist technique. First, I applied wax to the raised images on the chip tile. Next, I misted the tile liberally with Scarlet Glimmer Mist. Finally, I wiped off the glimmer mist from the raised images and voila! The embossed design showed through in its original cream colour. Perfect!



Once the chip tile was dry, I added a bingo board and corrugated cardboard, both lightly misted in Sand, some tulle, ribbon, button, glimmer glass and a little lace misted in Sand. I punched two holes at the top of the chip tile, threaded some tulle through and my hanging photo decor was complete.


And some news from My Tattered Angels. There's going to be a new Angel joining the team. Who this special person is will be revealed on December 14th, together with the launch of My Tattered Angels' brand new release for the 2010 Winter CHA. Check in here for the announcement on Dec 14th.

No comments: