Thursday, December 3, 2009

Family - Mini Album

All this month, the DT at My Tattered Angels will be creating with different Glimmer Kits, showcasing creative ways to use them.

I got to play with the family-themed chip tile glimmer kit, which was just perfect for me because I wanted to create a mini for our family photos taken on vacations through the years.

Here's my album cover:

I misted the entire cover chip tile with Sand glimmer mist, then inked the raised embossed image to bring out the intricate details. The album title, "Family Memories" was cut out from a Bingo Board, then adhered to a piece of corrugated cardboard.


I made this paper flower using some music sheets I had at home. I crumpled the music sheet and sprayed it liberally with Patina glimmer mist. I finished it off with an ivory-coloured button, which came with the kit. The leaves were handcut from corrugated cardboard and misted Scarlet, for an autumny hue.


To add some pizzazz to the album, I tied the chocolate tulle that came with the kit onto one of the rings of the album, then attached the copper key using the ivory swirl ribbon.

On to the inside pages. Here you can see how I misted and inked the chip tiles to bring out the beautiful images. I decided on a aqua/cocoa colour scheme, and put the Sand and Patina glimmer mists to good use.


On this page, I used the flourish glimmer screen and misted the page in Patina:


Trying something different on this page with a mottled brown effect:


On this page I used the flourish screen again, but this time misting in Sand, then carelessly splashing some blue Patina blotches all over:

I've left the pages on the right side empty for now, so that I can journal on them later. One thing I like about this album is that because it's ring-bound, I can continue to add as many pages as I want using the bingo cards and chip tiles from the kit, capturing all our favourite holiday moments.
I'll be back soon with more chip tile inspiration. :)

2 comments:

peata said...

love the vintage minis!

scrapbook-crazy.com

sharon Ong said...

Like how this turned out! my kind of colours!