Thursday, December 10, 2009

Joy


My Scrapbook Nook's December Kit is so droolworthy, packed with lots of Making Memories Mistletoe papers and embellishments. Here's a layout I created for a class at the Nook, which I'm reproducing here.


INSTRUCTIONS:

What you'll need:

* MM Mistletoe papers (Die cut Glitter Mini Dot Red, Advent, Cardinal, Happy Holidays, Icon Dot)
* MM Mistletoe Trims & Treats (buttons & felt snowflake)
* MM Glitter Alphas
* flowers
* glitter paper
* brads


Steps:

1. Start with the patterned papers shown below.



2. Place the diecut paper to the bottom left corner of the background paper as shown and cut off excess. Lay out your photo, backing papers and ribbon.



3. Now we'll make some 3D embellishments using just patterned paper. Cut out some circles from Icon Dot pp and some birds from Cardinal. Cut some scalloped circles from glitter paper, or just patterned paper if you prefer. I chose these:



4. For the first embellishment, I layered the circle on top of the scallop, followed by the felt snowflake then the bird, each one layered on using 3D foam dots. Add stickles to the edges of the circle if you wish.

From this:


To this:


5. For the 2nd embellishment, I layered the bird over the circle, which in turn was over the scallop, all using 3D foam dots.

From this:


To this:



6. For the third embellishment, I did a three tier layer, and topped it off with my title:

View from the side to show the layers:



View from the top:



7. Place your embellishments as shown in the completed layout. Embellish with flowers. I chose red poinsettias to complement the poinsettias in the photo. Finish off with a sprinkling of red and green buttons. :)


Here's a close-up of the completed layout:

No comments: