Friday, January 15, 2010

Cherish These Moments

I've been super busy creating some CHA projects for Graphic 45 and My Tattered Angels. Am taking a quick breather now and thought I'd share another layout I made using My Scrapbook Nook's gorgeous January kit, featuring Pink Paislee's Cupid collection.



I decided to use a dark brown cardstock for my base, and spritzed the edges with My Tattered Angels' glimmer mist in Iridescent Gold. I love the shine the mists give the cardstock.


These darling Scenic Route chipboard butterflies came with the kit and I decided to alter them using glimmer mists and crackle mediums. I like how the sunlight glistens on the butterfly. I'll post a tutorial on how I created the effect on the butterfly in my next post.



Lots of handcutting here, of leaves and flowers from the Pink Paislee patterned paper. And also fun with my Martha Stewart giant border punches.

Here's the view from another angle:



And here's a little reminder:


My Scrapbook Nook's Blog Hop is still happening until January 15th midnight PST, so if you haven't started yet, get hopping! You get a chance to win one of 11 gorgeous Nook kits. Thank you to all of you who've left comments on my blog. We'll be picking a winner soon, so check the forum for details.

AND, if you love the kits, this would be a great time to sign up as a subscriber. Don't miss out on the 20.10 promo from My Scrapbook Nook! Subscribe now and you get USD20.10 on the Nook to shop for all the add-ons you want. The promo runs through to January 15th. Your first kit will be the February kit, featuring Basic Grey's Origins collection. :)
I've got to run now. Got to get more CHA projects done!

2 comments:

Scrapbook Junction said...

I hope this is the right place to comment on your blog hop, I love it!

Nenne said...

GAH! Sue!!! Oh my god! that LO is beyond words! Love the brown! Can't wait to see what you create for CHA! now off back to the blog hop *grin*