Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tattered Angels Garden Journal Album

All this month, the designers at My Tattered Angels will be showing off what you can create with the Tattered Angels albums. I got to play with the Garden Journal Album, which is so pretty with the embossed image of a tree on the cover and glimmer glass gate.

This album first appeared in the Tattered Angels Blog last week.

For the cover, I decided to create an image of a sunrise in the park, inspired by a photograph I saw of a sunrise.



I inked the tree in different shades of green, then misted the entire cover in shades of Sunflower and Peach Delight for the sunrise, and shades of Juneberry Wine and Fully Purple for the dawn sky. I love how the glimmer mists shimmer in the sunlight, giving off glints of gold wherever they catch the light.


This mini album is about our recent holiday to New York and the cover reminds me of Central Park, aptly.


The cover opens up to reveal a gatefold.



I carefully misted the butterfly screen onto the two gatefold pages, taking care so that when the two pages were closed, the butterfly image would line up perfectly. I used Cranberry Zing and English Ivy on these pages. My title sits on a Framed Font chipboard lightly inked in lilac and adorned with matching hyacinths.

If you open up the gatefolds, you will see that I continued the butterfly screen misting across the right and left pages too. Here you see what the right page looks like when it’s opened up:



And this is how the album looks with the gatefold open and the centre page showing through.



On this page, I misted the page with the same shades as the gatefold pages so that all three pages flowed right across. I continued the butterfly theme with punched out butterflies flitting across my mini layout, complemented by patterned paper in the same green and purple hues and a touch of pretty lace.

For the next page, I played with the compass glimmer screen and misted the page in Peach Delight and Pashmina, picking up the hues from the photograph of us in Times Square. And it being Times Square, I stamped an image of a clockface right onto the compass. The stamp and the glimmer screen lined up perfectly, as all coordinated glimmer screens and stamps will.






This next photo has a Christmas-sy feel about it so I selected glimmer mists in red (Peppermint Stick) and green (Forest Green) to give it that festive feel. I carelessly misted the red mist here, there and everywhere, then filled in the rest of the page with green. To add to the holiday cheer, I outlined the glimmer screen image with stickles in a cheery Christmas red. I kept the page simple, with just a little embellishment in the corner.





So those were some pages from my Garden Journal Album. I hope you liked the album because I had a lot of fun creating it.

Have a great week ahead!

3 comments:

Sue said...

this album is gorgeous!! I love your misting..wow!

Jazzy1972 said...

Stunning books, love what you have done with them. Jay xx

smahrty said...

Your misting techniques are beautiful!