Friday, February 5, 2010

Altered Bird Tag


I just did this up a couple of days ago for the Tattered Angels and Webster's Pages blog relay - an altered bird tag using the brand new Tailored Tags from My Tattered Angels' new CHA release. I love these tags which are the perfect size for altering. I went with a shabby chic look on this and I love it. :)

I misted the tag with Lemon Grass, Caribbean Blue, Burnt Red and Vintage Pink, then cut out the bird and leaves images from the very pretty Postcards from Paris paper.




I added a lace trim in ecru, a velvet green ribbon and a pleated brown satin ribbon to the tag, and set that off with a custom-coloured flower. I wanted the flower to match the tag perfectly, so I misted the originally-white flower in Moonlight.




To complete the tag, I added a Glimmer Glass dragonfly from the Nature collection as well as some lace trims and a pearl brad to the top of the tag.




I designed the tag with a pocket so you can slip in a little message or greeting into the pocket. Here, I’ve slipped in a Paper Tag from the new Rockin’ Renaissance collection.


4 comments:

Zarah said...

Beautiful!!

Monique said...

Fabulous!!! and thanks for the explanation!

EileenMV said...

Adorable - love the little birdie & the butterfly too!

Michele Brooks said...

Oh wow, gorgeous tag! So inspiring!