Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Grads


This is a layout of my dd and her friends immediately after receiving their PSLE results. As you can see, they're all smiles. I used the lovely February kit from My Scrapbook Nook, which features Basic Grey's Origins collection.



This kit practically scraps itself because the papers are so easy to work with. When I saw the Sea Salt patterned paper, I knew I wanted to cut along the edges of the corner image, then insert my photo into the cut out area.


I wanted to keep the layout relatively clean, so layered all the embellishments on the top right corner. The Basic Grey journalling spots, die cut elements and chipboard shapes are really fun to layer. I like the bright yellow alphas that came with the kit. They add just the right pop of colour. Here, I've outlined them and raised them with some dimensional foam dots.


To add some glitter, I applied some Rangers stickles to the botanicals. Love the sparkle!



Supplies (all from the Nook):
Basic Grey Origins Patterned Paper - Sea Salt, Cucumber, Paraffin
Basic Grey Origins Chipboard Sticker Shapes
Basic Grey Origins Pieces
Basic Grey Origins Writer's Block
Alphas - Bella Boulevard



No comments: