Monday, February 22, 2010

Guest Designer at Pencil Lines :)

Yes, you heard right. This week the design team from My Scrapbook Nook are guest designers at the awesome Pencil Lines sketch site. What a great opportunity!

We got to play with Sketch #175, a beautiful one created by Anna Bowkis. Here's the sketch:




And here's my take on it:


I used the Nook's February Kit on this layout, adding just some of my own flowers. If you know me, you'll know I'm not a sketch person. I can't stay true to sketches or scraplifts; never could, and I suspect, never will. I think it's got to do with me wanting to always add my own take on layouts. You should've seen the original layout I came up with. It was SO different from the sketch I decided I had to rethink it completely. I think this one came a little closer to the sketch. :)

A close-up:

I enjoyed using my Martha Stewart border punch to create the paper lace edging for this layout, even if it meant very gluey fingers afterwards.

You've got to hop over to the Pencil Lines blog and see what the other talented Nook and Pencil Lines DT members created with the sketch. Very inspiring. I loved seeing everyone's interpretation of the sketch and how different and unique each one was. Check it out here: Pencil Lines Sketch 175.

4 comments:

Zarah said...

Beauuutifl LO, Sue!!

Nancy said...

WOW! Love your layout.

LG said...

WOW!!! i just love how you've used those Martha Stewart punches, it almost looked like a lace. So beautiful and elegant Sue!

Tanya Tahir said...

I really love how you used the punch - so beautiful! Also love your G45 layout in the post below, love the framing :)