Sunday, February 28, 2010

Little Foal


Here's a layout I created for Graphic 45 using their new collection, A Proper Gentleman. I had this great photo of a mare and her little foal which I had to scrap. And I realized that the papers from A Proper Gentleman would work perfectly. I love the colours on this layout, the green argyle print, the countryside browns, highlighted with splashes of earthy yellow and ochre. If you're a true Graphic 45 fan you'll be able to identify the yellow patterned paper as being from the Domestic Goddess collection. I love how the little bit of yellow pulls the layout together.


The story behind the photo. This little baby foal was born in Singapore, which is extremely rare because breeding of horses isn't allowed here. Apparently the mare was pregnant when she was brought into Singapore and no one knew. The foal is the sweetest thing. :)


A showjumping diecut tag which is just right for this layout. I really like those Prima flowers, leaves and bling swirls.


I love all the layers here - border punches, lace, mat... And that Prima chipboard alpha in a perfect colour.


Did I mention I love the colours on this layout? ;)



Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman (Man About Town, Sporting Aristocrat)
Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess (Domestic Goddess, Quilting Bee)
Cardstock: Bazill
Tag: Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman Diecut Tags
Flowers: Prima Marketing - Baroque Bloom, Camelot Roses, Primrose Spice
Leaves: Prima Marketing
Crystal Swirls: Prima Say It in Crystals
Lace: Prima Marketing
Alphas: Prima Chipboard Alphas, Jenni Bowlin Sticker Alphas



2 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

This is a brilliant and beautiful layout, I really enjoy the colors as well! awesome work

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Your style is really beautiful, I just love every inch!!! Great blog you have here.

xoxo,
julie ann

p.s. thanks for visiting the bad girls blog
http://wendyrago.typepad.com/bad_girls