Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tattered Angels and Fancy Pants

cThis month, My Tattered Angels and Fancy Pants Design are having a blog relay and I got to play with the Vintage Valentine collection from Fancy Pants. These pretty vintage papers called for lovey projects so I created two cards, perfect for Valentines Day or just any I Love You occasions.

On this first one, I misted the heart-shaped screen from the Timeless Romance collection onto kraft paper with the new glimmer mists shades of Viva Pink and SWAK. I then stamped it with the beautifully intricate stamp from the same collection. Next, I carefully cut out the heart image and attached lace all around the border.




One of my favourite go-to products in Tattered Angels is the Framed Font chipboard frame. Here I misted it with Rose Tea and defined the edges with some ink. I then slipped in the sentiment "I Adore You" using a cut out from the Fancy Pants patterned paper. The lace was misted with matching shades of pink to complement the card.




A Prima rose, some velvet leaves, satin ribbon and a string of pearls complete the romantic shabby-chic card.





The second card I created is a Butterfly Valentine. I used the glimmer screen and stamp from the Graceful Journey collection, misting the butterfly with the intense reds from Red Valvet and Candy Apple Red glimmer mists.



I wanted to accent the butterfly with a doily flower and some pearls. The doily in its original white was a little too stark, so I spritzed on gentle shades of Patina and Vintage Rose, which added just a hint of turquoise and peachy-pink. A string of pearls, some delicate lace and a pale blue satin ribbon complete the card.


Do visit the Tattered Angels and Fancy Pants blogs for more inspiration all through March.

1 comment:

Michelle Jackson said...

Gorgeous projects Sue! I think that is one of my favorite paper lines from them. Love the combo with the butterfly!