Monday, April 5, 2010

Nook April Technique Class - Dictionary Flowers

While waiting for my April Nook kit to arrive, I decided to play around with my die cutting machine and some dies and create a little how-to class for making your own flowers out of old dictionary paper. How's that for recycling? The class is posted up at My Scrapbook Nook here: Dictonary Flowers.

Here's the flower we'll be making:



What you'll need:


1. Some paper torn from an old dictionary
2. Scalloped scissors or die cut
3. Glimmer Mists (optional)
4. Button and twine
5. Glue



Instructions:


1. Cut out 4 scalloped circles from old dictionary paper. My bigger circles are 4 inches in diameter, the smaller ones 3 inches in diameter. You can cut any number of circles. I've made flowers with just 2 circles and they turned out pretty too.



2. Mist the circles lightly with some glimmer mist. I used Sunshine and Tiger Lily Glimmer Mists on my flower. If you don't have glimmer mist, just mist the paper lightly with water.



3. Here's the fun part. Scrunch up your circles.



4. Layer your circles one on top of the next, starting with the larger circles at the bottom.




5. Add a button, some twine and you're done! Quick, fun and really easy. And best of all, it's inexpensive and you're doing some recycling too. :)



Have fun making your own dictionary flowers. :)

3 comments:

Radiantik said...

Great tutorial! Thank you!

Amy Coose said...

Ok, I love these!!! I am going to TRY to make them, wish me luck! :)

jonaks said...

this is really lovely. would like to try these using old directory!!!