Thursday, May 13, 2010

Altered Canvas

I had so much fun creating this altered canvas, trying out different techniques and playing with My Tattered Angels products and my new Tim Holtz dies.


I wanted a grungy feel so first off I misted the canvas with my all time favourite, Olive Vine, and a new favourite Chocolate Covered Cherries.



I especially love the effect I created with the Tattered Angels compass glimmer screen. The shipping tag next to the compass was misted with Candlelight and Suede. I then stamped on a new stamp from Tattered Angels' Rockin' Renaissance collection, which I then heat embossed. The quote stamp next to it is from Tim Holtz.



I used lots of chipboards on this canvas, which I colored to my satisfaction using glimmer mists. I wanted to create a rusty, oxidised look on the pocketwatch chipboard frame from Tattered Angels, so I misted it with Patina and Coffee Shop. The key chipboard is from a Tim Holtz die. This I coloured with Olive Vine.



That clear little postage stamp is a glimmer glass from My Tattered Angels' Travellers collection. I applied Glimmer Glaze in Emerald Cove to the back of the glass and was impressed with how shimmery the glaze. But as I was going for a grunge look, I took my sanding block to the glaze and distressed it.



To see more of my Tattered Angels creations, visit the Tattered Angels blog here: May Creations.

Thanks for looking and leaving your comments. They're much appreciated. :)

5 comments:

Cathy Bautista said...

This is gorgeous Sue!!! I adore it! :)

Christiane said...

you creative chicken, you!! ;)

Monique said...

Very very beautiful Sue!! Love it!!

Elizabeth said...

Your work is incredible!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, hope your day is a great one!
e.

Jillian Deiling Cassity said...

wow gorgeous canvas, I love all of the fun goodies that you used! :)