Sunday, May 16, 2010

Jump for Joy!



Here's a layout in a style that's slightly different from my usual. I played with October Afternoon's Fly A Kit collection from My Scrapbook Nook's May kit. What a fun cheery kit this is, lots of bright colours and cute elements.



I love layouts with lots of dimension and I use foam dots in a lot of my layouts. But this time I wanted to see if I could create a flattish layout, no foam dots and minimal 3D elements. The October Afternoon stickers were great to play with. I could layer them to create interest without the bulk.



Border punches and trimming the edges of patterned paper are a great way to create dimension without too much bulk. Here I layered the border-punched edges one on top of the other for a fun lacey effect. The punched out butterflies add just that touch of dimension as well.



So there's my non-3D layout but one that still has some dimension. And one that I can slip easily into my album, unlike some of my bulkier ones. :)

5 comments:

shaggyfish said...

hahaha, i like this fun layout!! yah not yr usual style! love the punches borders too and the colours in the layout!
you have a great day!

Tanya Tahir said...

this is such a fun page - perfect for these papers :)

Julie said...

just love those colours sue

Michele Beck said...

Gosh how i love this page !!! you rock !!!

Christiane said...

i also can't live witout dimension. i'm sooo with you!!
great great page!!