Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sunshine


This is my take on Prima's May Build-A-Page sketch. It's a layout of my daughter with one of the school's horses, Sunshine, a pretty and good-natured chestnut gelding.

I used a mix of brand new and older Prima patterned papers and flowers on the layout, selecting a colour palette of pale pink, mint and green. The pale palette allowed the silhouette-cut photo to stand out amidst the cluster of flowers.



A close-up showing the cluster of flowers from Prima's new and older collections. The Petite Fleur Vine Cherry Blossom is from Prima's first vine collection a couple of seasons ago, as is the Wild Wood Collection. I love the rustic look of these flowers. Mixed in are flowers from this season's CHA: Calcutta, Athena flowers and De Vines.




The layout features patterned papers from the Flights of Fancy collection. To add lots of texture and contrast, I created a ruffled edging on the bracket shape, using border punches and patterned paper from a past collection,  Flirty Little Secrets, which is one of my favourite Prima collections to date.




My favourite things about this layout? The ruffled paper edging, the silhouette photo, the dimension and layering, and using up some of my older stash with my new.



List of materials used:
All material used are from Prima Marketing.

Patterned Paper: Flights of Fancy Faith and Blooming Happiness, Flirty Little Secret Memoir;
Flowers: Calcutta Flower Blush, De Vines, Wild Wood Collection Mushroom, Petite Fleur Vine Cherry Blossom, Athena Flowers Aurora Pink;
Chipboard: Journalling Stickers Flights of Fancy;
Alpha: Prima; and
Lace: Prima.

5 comments:

Gaelle. said...

beautiful, I love all the flowers, and the colors ^^

Ruth said...

Your layout really caught my eye Sue..it's absolutely beautiful...I love the ruffled edge.... so pretty!!

BabyBokChoy said...

I just love the border you have around the diecut paper, looks quite inked or glimmer misted, fabulous stuff!

jazsutra said...

Such a very beautiful page sue!!!!

love,jaz

CamillaE said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!
And it's beautiful and fabulous and...