Sunday, June 20, 2010

Chirp!


As a departure from my usual earthy colour tones, here's a pretty pink layout I created for Zva Creative using Crate Paper's lovely Pink Plum collection.

I love lots of hand-cut details and dimension on my layouts and the Raspberry patterned paper was perfect for this. The cut-outs were layered with 3D foam dots for lots of dimension.



Some close-ups:



The Zva Creative pearl flourish corner was created from a single flourish, which I cut into two. I love cutting up my bling swirls to customise my own designs:



When I first started out this layout, it looked a little too clean and bright. So along the way, I inked all the edges with distress ink, giving them more definition. And to draw attention to the photo, I double matted it in pink patterned paper and brown cardstock, inking and distressing the edges for more dimension. Finally, the photo was also popped up using 3D foam dots, which gave the pearl flourishes a floating effect.


Thanks for dropping by. :)


Supplies:
Flourish - Zva Creative Pearl Flourish (PEB-03CA-104);
Patterned Paper - Crate Paper Pink Plum Raspberry, Wildberries, Cranberry, Pomegranate;
Cardstock - Bazzil Basics;
Border Punches - Martha Stewart:
Alpha- American Craft; and
Others - Rangers Distress Inks and Stickles.

7 comments:

Tanya Tahir said...

This layout is incredible, Sue!! I love the dimension and how you framed and matted the photo :)

Amy Coose said...

Sue!!!!!!!!!!! This is fabulous! I just love it so much. You should so try for CP, you'd be such a great addition to their team.

Julie said...

wow sue this is awesome I love all that hand cutting.

Rach H said...

So cute! Love the cutwork- gorgeous!

BabyBokChoy said...

CUte stuff Sue and may the force be with you!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

So lovely in Pink, Sue ! Just gorgeous !!

jazsutra said...

Congrats on being featured at Two Peas ;) that page is gorgeous!

and...this new layout of yours is so pretty in pink ;) lovely ;)

have a blessed week Sue.
luv,jaz