Thursday, June 10, 2010

Family


A fun project for My Tattered Angels using Pink Paislee's Bayberry Cottage collection for this month's blog hop.

I like my projects to have lots of texture, dimension and layers, as you'll see below.





I misted the corrugated cardboard in Lime Twist and rubbed on some distress stickles for texture. The Family Bingo Board was misted with Caribbean Blue, Cranberry Zing and Marshmallow to match the Bayberry Cottage papers. The key is from My Tattered Angels' Vintage Hardware collection.



I fashioned the keyhole out of a Framed Font chipboard negative, lightly misted with Tattered Rose.




You can see the dimension better from this angle. I also used lots of lace and ribbon here for a differential in texture. I found the white lace too pure for the project so I misted it with Old Lace, a great shade for ageing up lace without changing the colour too much.

Thanks for dropping by. :)


List of Materials Used:
Mists - My Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists in Cranberry Zing, Lime Twist, Caribbean Blue, Marshmallow, Old Lace;
Chipboard - My Tattered Angels Framed Font;
Bingo Board - My Tattered Angels;
Key - My Tattered Angels Vintage Hardware;
Patterned Papers - Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage;
Ribbon and Lace - Pink Paislee, Prima Marketing and others;
Quote - 7 Gypsies; and
Others - Rangers Distress Stickles.

5 comments:

Evgenia said...

I like it! so bright colors!

BabyBokChoy said...

Love your ruffles and truffles, totally fabulous!!!

Christiane said...

i'm in LOVE tooo!!

Tanya Tahir said...

this is AMAZING!!!

Nancy W said...

This is absolutely amazing! love following your blog! *hugs from conroe, tx!