Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Remember


I created this layout using My Scrapbook Nook's lovely June kit featuring My Mind's Eye So Sophie collection.

I cut along the edges of the leaves in the Charming Botanical Blue patterned paper, then inserted my matted photo under the cut out edges, creating a border and focus for my photo. The photo is matted with Savvy Petite Red Floral paper to complement the picture.



These pretty butterfly pearl embellishments are from Zva Creative, as is the blue flower.



Inking and distressed edges and handwritten journalling on distressed strips complete the layout. This design is inspired by a sketch at My Mind's Eye.


Supplies:
Pearl embellishment - Zva Creative butterfly pearls
Flower - Zva Creative Sweet Flowers
Patterned paper - My Mind's Eye So Sophie Charming and Savvy collections
Alphas - Basic Grey


And in other scrappy news..... I'm on the design team for Your Scrapbook Stash! :)

9 comments:

Deanna said...

gorgeous as always Sue! ;)

mahlin said...

Awesome layout, as always by you. those butterflies are beautiful! And congrats on the DT position!

June said...

Congrats on the DT position !

BabyBokChoy said...

Is that you and dd when she was little? :))) fabulous :) and congrats on the DT

CamillaE said...

Lovely layout, Sue!

And a HUGE congrats on the dt-position. You so deserve it!

Samantha T. said...

Really lovely, I love that pop of red on the blue!

shaggyfish said...

congratulations on the YSS DT! you're on the roll... cool!!

Christiane said...

huge congrats!!!

what a sweet photo and pages!!

LG said...

Congrats Sue! You are very inspiring and I just love everything that you do