Thursday, June 3, 2010

Trail Ride


Here's one of my layouts for Tattered Angels for June. The DT at Tattered Angels got to play with some Pink Paislee collections this month and what a thrill it was. This layout uses my favourite Pink Paislee Queen Bee collection. I love the subtlety of the grey, brown and yellow hues.


Some close-ups:


I misted Lemon Grass over a Garden Blossom glimmer screen, then flicked some droplets of Black Magic and Sunshine over the white cardstock. The stamp along the edge is one of the new Rockin' Renaissance ones from Tattered Angels.



The title work - I painted Lemon Grass glimmer mist on the outline of the Framed Font alphas for some subtle outlining, and glossy accented the Jenni Bowlin alphas and bumble bee for added dimension.



I did some hidden journalling on the card from Tattered Angels' Bingo Boards collection. The journalling card is tucked behind the photo. I haven't done hidden journalling in a while. I used to do them all the time about two years ago. The journalling was so well-hidden it became a game for other scrappers to guess where they were at a forum I used to frequent. :)



Lots of handcut details, Prima flowers and lace complete the layout.


Materials used:
Patterned Paper - Pink Paislee Queen Bee collection: Worker Bee, Honey Bee, Queen Bee;
Mists -  My Tattered Angels glimmer mists in Lemon Grass, Sunshine and Black Magic;
Alphas - My Tattered Angels Framed Fonts and Jenni Bowlin stickers;
Journalling Card - My Tattered Angels Bingo Boards;
Die Cuts - Pink Paislee Punch Outs;
Flowers & Leaves - Prima Marketing; and
Lace - Prima Marketing.

3 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

I really admire how well you are using the PP Queen Bee line :) That was a hard line for me, so I get all excited to see people using it so well :)

LG said...

so much yumminess on this page and I dont even know where to begin. Love the depth, the cluttering, the design, the papers, the photo, and the composition. This is truly amazing!

Christiane said...

holy moly, this is AMAZING, sue!!
xoxo