Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Altered Tag Mini Class


I showed you the tags I made for the Friendship Swap yesterday. Today I'll share with you how I made them. I love My Tattered Angels glimmer mists and as I had all the new Fall colours in my hands, I knew I had to use them on the tags. I also love my Tim Holtz stamps and what better way to experiment with them than on small-scale projects like tags.





I started off with some large manila tags. These are 6" x 3", a good size to work on for playing with your mediums and stamps.




As I was making up 15 tags, I placed 2-3 tags next to each other and just misted them across, switching up the colours as I went along. I used 5 of the newest Tattered Angels glimmer mist colours in different combinations on the tags - Apple, Dragonfly, Sugar Maple, Autumn Nights and Pomegranate.




I then inked the edges for more definition.



Now for some stamping. I chose a couple of my favourite Tim Holtz foliage rubber stamps and stamped these as background images.





Next, I stamped and heat embossed my main images in black so they would stand out better. I like how heat embossed images add texture to a layout too. The butterfly stamp and Dream quote stamp are a couple of my favourites from Tim Holtz.


And here's the finished tag:





And here's more of the other tags with some coordinated hand-dyed ribbons I dyed myself:



All supplies used on the tags here are available or will be available at Your Scrapbook Stash. And if you do create a tag, do share them with us on the YSS gallery.

Be sure to check back next week because we'll be having a Your Scrapbook Stash Blog Hop!!!! There'll be gift certificates to be won on all the blogs. How's that for fun? So be sure to check back here for your chance to win and lots of inspiraton too. :)

Thanks for dropping by.

7 comments:

Christiane said...

those tags are a dream!!

Christie Bryant said...

These are gorgeous!

sharon Ong said...

Hey Susan! Those tags are beautiful!

Sandy Ang said...

Thanks for the tutorial.

Zarah said...

They are AMAZING!! Soooo beautiful!

Rach H said...

These are GORGEOUS! Thanks for the tutorial!

Chrisd said...

What a fantastic project on the tags. Thanks for the tutorial on your steps.