Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sketch Challenge

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. All comments will be entered into the draw to win a US$10 gift certificate to Your Scrapbook Stash. Ready for another draw? Read on for more details.


Your Scrapbook Stash is running a sketch challenge. Upload a new layout based on this beautiful sketch by Julie Bonner and link it to this post at YSS' blog: Link to YSS post. All layouts must be linked to the post by Saturday 25 September midnight. The winning layout will receive a prize package and Stash Cash.

Here's Julie's sketch:




And here's my take on it using Echo Park's Life Is Good papers:



Some close-ups:


Now for the draw. I'm giving away another US$10 gift certificate to Your Scrapbook Stash. For your chance to win, simply leave a comment on this post. To double your chances of winning, create a layout based on Julie's sketch and tell me about it on this post. All winners for the draws (my last post, this post and another one coming up) will be announced on Saturday.

Good luck and thanks for dropping by. :)


List of Supplies:

Patterned Paper - Echo Park's Life Is Good (Fancy Border, Floral Dress, The Neighbourhood, Set The Table, Journal Cards, Happy Borders)
Border Punch - Martha Stewart
Others - Robin's Nest Dew Drops

32 comments:

Darien said...

Stunning lo!!!!!! I love the way you used the sketch!!!!!!!!!!

scrappingmom73 said...

Lovely layout!!!

Monique said...

What a fabulous layout you created with the sketch! and i sooo love that sketch, as soon as I have a free moment I'll start on it!
Thanks for the inspiration!

1CardCreator said...

O wow! I love the way you interpreted this layout! That background page is gorgeous! ~Diane

Calia Yang said...

wowie girl!! I love the colors for this layout!! JUST FABULOUS!

Lisa C. said...

I love your colorful layout! I'm bookmarking your sketch so I can use it for a layout soon!!

TeenaBugg38 said...

Anytime there is a Julie Bonner sketch involved I am on it!!! On my to do lsit for sure :)

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful layout!

Erika M. said...

Awesome layout!

sabbycat said...

I hope I have time to do a layout. I like the way you added the journaling.

Krystle said...

I love your take on the sketch! I am hoping to get to it soon.

Leah the Orange said...

oh, Echo Park's stuff is just so happy and lovely! i especially like the bird silhouette borders you added - they're perfect!

Leah the Orange said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurel (shreve6) said...

That border punch is so cute!

Grace said...

Love the sketch!! I'm working on it now :)....I bought that paper and can't wait to see my LO!!!

Grace R

Kathy said...

Echo Park papers are now one of my fave papers, and I love the bright bold colors that scream FUN! And what a fun layout you have shared using it! Thanks too to Julie for her cool sketch challenge.

dinosaur said...

I love this sketch. Great job on your layout.

Joni Parker said...

Beautiful layout..I'll print out the sketch and see if I can get to it this week!!

piradee talvanna said...

love your take on the sketch - will definitely if it a try. love julie's sketches :)

Cindi said...

Gorgeous layout!!
And many thanks for including the sketch!! That is much appreciated! I love having them to go to for inspiration!

tonia said...

great sketch.and i like how you interpeted it very creative.

Catherine said...

Love your take on the sketch.

Krystle said...

I posted my take on the sketch in the gallery!

http://yourscrapbookstash.com/newgallery/albums/userpics/11173/IMG_45883_1.jpg

Cori S said...

Great take on that sketch. Good job!

Denise said...

I love how you used her sketch. It's gorgeous.

Deb Long said...

Great sketch - I haven't made a LO with it yet, but your take is so fantastic, I might just be inspired!!!!

Ashly said...

Love Julies sketches!!! thanks

Laurie R. said...

wow love this layout. don't know if I will be able to get a layout done before sat. but I will keep it so I can do it another time.

Miwa said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch!

jonaks said...

I just loved your lay-out!

scrappin_in_AK said...

Finally got my page completed - here's a link
http://yourscrapbookstash.com/newgallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=11282&pid=9238#top_display_media

Sandy Ang said...

What a great take on the sketch ! Love how you replaced the butterfly with fussy cut flowers.