Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Focus


Here's a layout I created for Your Scrapbook Stash using the very pretty Mix & Mend collection from Sassafras Lass. The patterned paper here is so beautiful there really isn't a need to do very much with it, but I wanted to see if I could add to the design without taking away from the original collage layers.



I cut along the collage images of the patterned paper, then tucked my photo along with layered photo mats under the cut out images. To add some dimension to the collage, I added in bits of blue tulle, orange and yellow ric rac and cream lace, which blend in beautifully with the rest of the patterned paper.



I distressed and inked along the edges of the patterned paper and in the bits that got ripped from over-enthusiastic distressing, I added some peekaboo lace and a little flower, bakers twine and leaf trim.



Thanks for dropping by! :) I'll have some news to share with you tomorrow.

Supplies:
Patterned Paper - Sassafras Lass Mix & Mend
Trims - Prima Marketing, May Arts & others
Flower - Prima Marketing
Alpha - Sassafras Lass

7 comments:

Tanya Tahir said...

I really love what you did with these papers, Sue!

Kelly Massman said...

That is just gorgeous!

Christiane said...

okay, honeypie!! let's make a scrap-date!! i sooo wish we could sit together. your work is stunning!!
hugs

BabyBokChoy said...

This is very very pretty!!

LG said...

Hi sweetie!

Thank you very much for leaving such sweet and thoughtful comments on my blog. You are such a doll and I really appreciate you spending some of your precious time viewing my post.

I do apologize for not being able to visit that often. I love your blog and the inspiration is overflowing. Keep it up! Keep creating those gorgeous projects. Have a great week!!!!

xoxo
LG

Viola Mahr said...

LOVE the rose ... so sweet shabby soft! Great projects as always!

Hugs,
Viola
www.violamahr.typepad.com

Sandy Ang said...

How lovely !