Thursday, October 21, 2010

Heart Canvas


Here's a canvas I created using My Tattered Angels' mists, stamps, journalling card, glimmer glam and glimmer glaze.



I first misted the canvas with Tutti Frutti and Lime Twist. I then layered on complementary but stronger shades of Black Cherry and Olive Vine over the Heart glimmer screen. This was to create the image of the heart in paler shades of pink and green instead of the original white of the canvas. I then stamped and heat embossed a heart image, giving the canvas more texture. Next I painted the filigreed heart image with Glimmer Glam in Chandelier to add sparkle to the heart image as well as to give the heart a darker shade.


The clock image and phrase 'Time for Love' were taken from the Timeless Romance calling card which I misted in Antique Brass for subtle ageing.


To create the red heart in the middle, I layered coats of Glimmer Glaze in Paradise Pink, slowly building up the layers to create a 3D effect.

Thanks for dropping by and for your lovely comments. They're much appreciated. :)

3 comments:

Frauke said...

that is gorgeous !!!

Tanya Tahir said...

this is so beautiful, I love the red heart in the middle - very effective :)

Viola Mahr said...

That vintage clock is lovely! so lovely I want one! :) Thank you for sharing with us.

Viola