Friday, December 17, 2010

Better Than Bling

PaperMarket is having its 12 Days of Christmas Celebration and today's Day 5 - my day. :)

And here's the layout I created with the theme for the day - Bling! So appropriate, wouldn't you say? Bling, flowers and inks are some of my favourite embellishments.



Lots and lots of texture and layering on this shabby-chic layout. It's probably one of my current favourites. I used Basic Grey's Curio collection, layered with lots of lace, muslin and seam binding. The patterned paper lends itself beautifully to hand-cut details and what better way to embellish it than  with flowers and of course bling.

Some close-ups:




The title is in reference to the journalling, in which I wrote about my wishes for the new year.


I hardly ever scrap photos of myself. In this instance, I had to for the assignment and I took a self-portrait with my new (well, not that new anymore) toy - my Nikon D90. It's been so much fun experimenting and learning to take better photos.



Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. I really enjoy reading them. :)

4 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

woohooooooooo! love the page about you!!! such a lovely page of layered gorgeousness!

shaggyfish said...

soooo sweet, love the pink! and nice self portrait there!! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sue!

Bente Fagerberg said...

What a stunning layout. The layering is fantastic!! Love your work!!

Tina said...

WOW ! Love it!
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com